[jboss-dev] SerialVersionUIDUnitTestCase

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 17:26:53 EST 2007

Could you please take a look at the results of the jboss SerialVersionUIDUnitTestCase:

http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/artifacts/jboss-4.2-testsuite-sun-1.5/20070220112618/results/org/jboss/test/compatibility/test/SerialVersionUIDUnitTestCase.html

The component upgrades from 4.0.x to 4.2.x break serialization compatibility in various
packages, so I like to review what really needs fixing and what can be excluded:

Packages that broke are:

javax.fases (myfaces -> sun jsf 2.0 ri)

javax.servlet (tomcat 5 -> jboss web 2.0)

javax.xml.rpc.soap.SOAPFaultException (?)

org.jboss.aspects.versioned.StateManager (kabir)

org.jboss.console (?)

org.jboss.invocation.iiop.IIOPInvoker$PersistentServantLocator,
org.jboss.invocation.iiop.IIOPInvoker$TransientServantLocator,

org.jboss.invocation.jrmp.server.JRMPInvoker,

org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.HTTPInvocationMarshaller,
org.jboss.invocation.unified.marshall.

org.jboss.proxy.ClientContainerEx,
org.jboss.proxy.ejb.DynamicIIOPStub,
org.jboss.proxy.ejb.HomeHandleImplIIOP

org.jboss.remoting (remoting 2.x)

org.jboss.tm.iiop._CoordinatorExtStub, (we can ignore them)
org.jboss.tm.iiop._TransactionFactoryExtStub,
org.jboss.tm.iiop._TransactionServiceStub,

org.jboss.web.tomcat.servlets.ContextForwardServlet,

org.jboss.webservice.transport.jms.JMSTransportSupport

org.jboss.ws.WSException,
org.jboss.ws.metadata...,

org.jgroups.*