[jboss-dev] Default security or localhost

Scott M Stark sstark at redhat.com
Wed Feb 21 22:06:21 EST 2007

For whatever reason our long standing use of unsecured consoles is now
being reported as a security hole. To address this, either we need to
bind to localhost by default or secure the consoles with a user that has
no access. The latter requires a post install change to add a valid role
or remove the security settings. We can't go with a default admin/admin
password.

The localhost approach would allow testsuites to continue to work as
they currently do and is probably the least intrusive change. Any other
opinions or options?