[jboss-dev] Re: libraries mixed-up

Scott M Stark sstark at redhat.com
Fri Feb 23 11:21:11 EST 2007

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> So
>
> a) the api's (servlet-api.jar, jsp-api.jar, el-api.jar) go to server/lib?

Yes.
> b) should I try to enhance our ejb3x with the classes from
> annotations-api, and rename to javaee5.jar? Where do I find those? (from
> the jboss-web sources?)

If we are merging, the javaee 5 apis, then the question is why not
collapse jboss-j2ee.jar, ejb3, common annotation (which is in the ejb3x
module), webserivcies, etc. The main reason we have not done this in the
past is related to allowing for minimal selection of features. However,
with the current dependencies this is an illusion as there is coupling
between ejb3, web, and webservices.