[jboss-dev] MDB integration tests

Adrian adrian_brock at jboss.org
Wed Jan 17 09:44:25 EST 2007

On Sat, 2007-01-13 at 18:48 +0000, Tim Fox wrote:

> The coverage still seems very poor w.r.t. integration tests, unless I'm
> missing something.

That is true of org.jboss.test.mdb

I remember complaining about them 3 years ago, they are not good tests.
I only left them in place because you can never have too many tests. :-)

The real tests are in org.jboss.test.messagedriven

Theses tests use a framework that creates the same tests for
old = JMSContainerInvoker
new = JCA Inflow

They have a simple format:

properties - for configuration of the activiation spec or the invoker
proxy

operation - steps in the test (including assertions)

See org.jboss.test.messagedriven.support.BaseMessageDrivenTest

   public void runTest(Operation[] ops, Properties props) throws

So you can trivially add new tests without having to create
new MDB deployments for each test.

e.g. The single mdb for JCA1.5 looks like this:
      <message-driven>
         <ejb-name>TestMDB</ejb-name>
         <activation-config>
            <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destination</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>${test.messagedriven.destination}</activation-config-property-value>
            </activation-config-property>
            <activation-config-property>

<activation-config-property-name>destinationType</activation-config-property-name>

<activation-config-property-value>${test.messagedriven.destinationType}</activation-config-property-value>
            </activation-config-property>
etc....

But they are incomplete until this task is done:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-1434

>  From the point of view of JBM (and JBossMQ) we need to know all the
> main use cases are tests with the JMSContainerInvoker, and also using
> JCA1.5 inflow now this is apparently supported in production.
>
> Without proper coverage we can't have any confidence that JBM (or
> JBossMQ) will work correctly with the app server.
>
> I've added a task to get these tests sorted before we release JBM 1.2.

Is that this task?
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-170
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx