[jboss-dev] Log4J RepositorySelector

Scott M Stark scott.stark at jboss.org
Thu Jan 25 16:28:29 EST 2007

The rename conf/log4j.xml to conf/jboss-log4j.xml certainly helps with
the basic app local logging configuration conflicts. The bigger question
is the relationship between the Log4jService and the log4j-rs.sar
created for the Log4jRepositorySelector. Its possible they could be
merged into a more general deployment level log factory service. That is
what needs to be done for jboss5. For 4.2 both changes have value. Its
just a question of if they should be merged, and how this relates to the
existing commons logging issue I'm looking at in the context of the
tomcat filtering. I'll look at how the Log4jRepositorySelector when
using commons logging in a deployment.