[jboss-dev] StAX change in trunk

Jason T. Greene jason.greene at jboss.com
Wed Jan 31 13:33:39 EST 2007

Before we using the RI which was donated by BEA.
http://stax.codehaus.org/

If you compare the activity between:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/STAX
http://svn.stax.codehaus.org/changelog/stax/

and:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WSTX
http://svn.woodstox.codehaus.org/changelog/woodstox/

you will see a big difference.

Also, notice that the number one contributor for the RI happens to be
the lead of woodstox.

The only other implementation I am aware of is the sun stack:
https://sjsxp.dev.java.net/index.html#releases

Although last I tested it, it was significantly slower and had double
the memory footprint.

-Jason

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx