[jboss-dev] slf4j

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 09:17:53 EDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:
> I am considering moving Hibernate to use slf4j instead of commons-logging.  I
> had been considering moving to straight log4j usage anyway to get MDC/NDC
> capability, but slf4j just added this capability.  So it now has all the
> capabilities I need.
>
> Just curious whether anyone has seen it used within JBoss AS and what the
> experiences were.

It is natural IMO that this facade exposes features from log4j since
the author is the same. Personally, I try to avoid log4j at all costs,
since it is by design less robust than java.util.logging
(java.util.logging is using a singleton design, and lives in the JVM
classloader, so there cannot be any class conflicts).

Rémy