[jboss-dev] Re: slf4j

Rémy Maucherat remy.maucherat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:09:53 EDT 2007

On 7/5/07, Julien Viet <julien at jboss.com> wrote:
> "Logback is intended as a successor to the popular log4j project. It
> was designed by Ceki Gülcü, the founder of the log4j project. It
> builds upon exerience gained in building industrial-strength logging
> systems going back as far as 1999."
>
> after 8 years of doing logging I hope he has a good experience of
> what logging is :-)

Yet, I don't like his APIs and stuff, I always liked j.util.logging
better. The pluggability is very good, and it remains robust. I've
read statements from Ceki that logging shouldn't be causing an
application to fail, but that's clearly not the case with log4j (if
that was the case, there would be try/catch throwables in the code).

Rémy