[jboss-dev] Re: slf4j

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 5 23:18:12 EDT 2007

On Thursday 05 July 2007 01:25:17 pm Scott M Stark wrote:
> No, as I was loathe to introduce yet another logging wrapper.

My concern with the org.jboss.logging.Logger stuff is specifically the lack of
MDC/NDC style capability.

Basically it comes down to the fact that I want to migrate Hibernate away from
commons-logging for numerous reasons (the classloader leaking stuff being
primary).  Given that fact, I want the API to which I move to support MDC
(NDC is generally more useful for what I want to do but could be spoofed with
MDC).  That means I can move to log4j, slf4j, or logback.  Out of those,
slf4j seemed the most reasonable in terms of allowing easy integration with
various environemtns.