[jboss-dev] JBossAS branches 3_2 and 4_0

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Mon Jul 16 08:16:13 EDT 2007

I get this question once every while, so just to make this clear:

There is no intention of producing another 3.2.x or 4.0.x JBossAS version.

In JIRA you may see a reference to 3.2.8.SP2 and 4.0.5.SP1. This is just to track occasional
check-ins to those branches, like bug fixes that eventually target a cumulative patch
branch, and need to be tested.

So you don't need to mechanically check-in new stuff in those branches, every time e.g. you
fix something in Branch_4_2.

The only reason to actually produce a new SP release from those branches, is the discovery
of a very important security problem. And even then we have the options of releasing a
patched library.

Testsuite runs are still active on Branch_3_2 and Branch_4_0. They don't run completely
clean due to mostly transient failures, but we don't have the cycles to fix them (maybe a
good job for an intern?)

If you still have questions, let me know.

Cheers
/Dimitris