[jboss-dev] JEMS installer for JBossAS 4.2.1.GA

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Tue Jul 17 08:30:11 EDT 2007

Thomas Heute wrote:
> Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
>> If you want the latest portal included with the latest installer, why
>> don't you say so *before* we get to the last stages of releasing the
>> damned thing?
>
> I missed the info. I also didn't know that 4.2.1.GA was about to get
> release until i made tests on 4.2.0.GA then received the notification
> yesterday. We have a hard time following you guys, what made us lose a
> lot of time for example was the migration from MyFaces to Sun RI on
> 4.2.0.GA.

What you suggest going forward? How we should do the installer planning? Where? (jboss-dev
list?)

> Now on 4.2.1.GA you ship a version of Hibernate that is not even
> available on Hibernate.org (maybe not even tagged) and spits tons of
> warns. And so on, and so on.

It's tagged. It comes from a Cumulative Patch (CP) branch.

> If i was less busy trying to catch up with you i could spend more time
> looking ahead.
>
>> Like going to the jems installer JIRA and see what's included in the
>> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBINSTALL
>
> Where are the dates ? Without dates it's useless. If you release the
> JEMS installer in 2 weeks, plan 2.6.1 if it's in a year it won't be that
> version. 2.6.1 is just a bug fix anyway.

There are no published dates, but the whole jems installer project was a bit frozen for some
time. We need to fix this.

>> Anyway, Rajesh's initial question was related to the how we now the
>> combination works if there is no integration testing in CruiseControl.
>
> We need to have it run on 4.2.1.GA now, Prabhat is on vacation.
>
> So go ahead the the JEMS installer and Portal 2.6.0 sorry if i disturbed
> you.
>
> Next time, please ask us before you plan we could avoid this. Or send an
> email here *before* it is the last stages of releasing the
> damned thing.
>
> Don't push the little button on the joystick.

Please subscribe in the jboss-as list, if you haven't done so.