[jboss-dev] How can a project run in both AS 4.2.0 and AS 5.0?

Tim Fox tim.fox at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 11:08:29 EDT 2007

I don't foresee us having to fork the codebase - that should stay the same.

The issue is really just that we test against version X of aop, version
Y of jgroups, version Z of core libs since that is what AS 4.2 uses, so
our tests are only valid with those versions.

I don't really see how an integration layer or mocking stuff out helps,
at the end of the day we need to test against the actual versions used
by all versions of the AS we're supported in. Mocks are simply not going
to show up a problems with other versions of libs.

As you say, if this means QA buying more boxes, so be it. I don't think
there's any way around it.