[jboss-dev] How can a project run in both AS 4.2.0 and AS 5.0?

Tim Fox tim.fox at jboss.com
Thu Jul 19 11:37:31 EDT 2007

So what you're saying is that a lot (maybe most) of the tests in our
test suite are actually integration tests and should go into AS. (The
current messaging integration tests in are really crappy)

And the JBM test suite should only deal with mocks. So we need to mock
out usage of JGroups, AOP, the database, commons core etc

This is a nice idea, but it is a _lot_ (read huge) amount of work. It
would certainly speed our test suite up though.

We should remember JBM has been a standalone product until very recently
so has had to handle all its own testing (i.e. can't relay on AS
integration tests) that's why everything is in its own test suite.