[jboss-dev] Remoting 3.0

Ron Sigal ron.sigal at jboss.com
Mon Jun 18 19:12:47 EDT 2007

For the socket transport and its descendants (sslsocket, bisocket,
sslbisocket), we can get the remote address and add it to the
requestPayload Map in the InvocationRequest.  For the http transport, it
looks like we can also get the remote address from the
org.apache.coyote.Request, but I haven't verified that.  I don't think
we can get access to the remote address in the rmi transport.

Would you like to create a JIRA issue?  Otherwise, assuming I understand
you now, I will.

-Ron

Carlo de Wolf wrote:
> No I mean the remote socket address:
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/Socket.html#getRemoteSocketAddress()
>
> Somewhere deep down if a remote invocation comes in over a socket the
> remote address is known. If it can be associated with the invocation it
> can be used to set up auditing and filtering.
>
> Carlo
>
> On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 03:46 -0400, Ron Sigal wrote:
>
>> Hi Carlo,
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand what you're asking for.  An
>> org.jboss.remoting.Client has an identity, the sessionId, which is
>> included in the InvocationRequest.  But Client doesn't really map to
>> an InetAddress.  The socket transport, for example, maintains a pool
>> of TCP connections, each with a different port.  Remoting could supply
>> the InetAddress of the connection used for a particular invocation, if
>> that's what you mean.  But note that that same connection could be
>> used by a different Client for a different invocation at any time.
>>
>> -Ron
>>
>> Carlo de Wolf wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to see the client endpoint (InetAddress most of the time)
>>> of an invocation. Maybe it's already in the InvocationRequest, but I
>>> can't find it.
>>>
>>> Carlo

JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
"My company's smarter than your company."