[jboss-dev] Dependencies to JBoss as core libs

Adrian abrock at redhat.com
Wed Jun 27 13:12:16 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 11:56 -0500, Jason T. Greene wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 16:11 +0200, Adrian wrote:
> > On Wed, 2007-06-27 at 14:55 +0100, Tim Fox wrote:
> > > Yes, this is the approach I was referring to in my previous post when I
> > > said "minor changes", no need to write an essay ;)
> >
> > If I just said "use IOC" or "create an abstraction"
> > most people wouldn't understand
> > what I was talking about and probably ignore it.
> > (not that they won't anyway :-)
> >
> > There's still very little understanding of the issue raised
> > by JBAS-1796.
>
> IMO the underlying cause to 1796 is more to do with choosing "get task
> XYZ done for my project right now" over "do it right" than it is a lack
> of understanding proper abstractions.

Possibly, but people that do hacks always end up doing
other "hacks" to workaround the original hack
and the process completes until the whole thing is such
a tangled mess that nothing can be done properly
and the project becomes unmaintainable.

For a little extra work on the original problem
a major hassle can be avoided later.

Besides, it is usually people like me and not the
orignal developer that has to go back and fix it
later (following the elephants around with
a shovel is how I describe it :-).

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock