[jboss-dev] service-ref_4_2.dtd

Scott M Stark sstark at redhat.com
Tue Mar 27 13:17:50 EDT 2007

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4252
>
> Line 15 of jboss-web_4_2.dtd seems to be invalid:
> <!ENTITY % service-ref SYSTEM "./docs/dtd/service-ref_4_2.dtd">
> The relative path causes problems, e.g. Eclipse cannot evaluate the DTD
> and so it cannot validate a jboss-web.xml file or provide content
> assist. Shouldn't the URL point to http://www.jboss.org/j2ee/dtd/ either ?
>
> Same problem for jboss-client_4_2.dtd, jboss-app_4_2.dtd and jboss_4_2.dtd.
>

> Is there a better way to make those inclusions?
This should be handled by the entity resolver at runtime. Without an xml
catalog configuration for each env (server, ide, ...) resolution is just
a pain. What does eclipse have in this area?

> <!ENTITY % service-ref SYSTEM "./docs/dtd/service-ref_4_2.dtd">
> %service-ref;
>
> Also, have we documented the process for updating the www.jboss.org/j2ee
> site with the dtds/schemas stored in dtds.war?
No. We really should have dtd/schema projects that can be released so
qa/engineering can maintain this better.