[jboss-dev] SVN properties in trunk

David M. Lloyd david.lloyd at jboss.com
Thu May 24 12:57:26 EDT 2007

On Thu, 24 May 2007 18:48:24 +0200 Mladen Turk <mturk at redhat.com> wrote:

You are mixing development with release.
> If someone is releasing on windows, then he must use
> svn export --native-eol LF and then make a release.

Assuming they remember to do that.

> I presume no one is doing a release from his development
> repository. However if that is the fact, then there is
> something wrong with our release procedure.

This is not true if you fix eol-style to LF.  One could simply "svn
switch" to the release tag.  Assuming the project has a sane build
system, you could then do a clean build with identical results as "svn
export", without having to remember to force it to use LF every time
you do a release.

- DML