[jboss-dev] Collection<?> ejb.getDepends()

Adrian abrock at redhat.com
Thu Nov 8 09:27:58 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-08 at 15:23 +0100, Alexey Loubyansky wrote:
> This is for EJBs. We pass dependencies to the ServiceController which
> asks for ObjectName's.

Yes, but I'm saying that is wrong.

The old register(ObjectName name, Collection<ObjectName> dependencies)
is ok for backwards compatibily, but it isn't flexible enough
to do everything we want to do going forward,
like have an EJB depend on a POJO.

The EJB metadata is correct, the legacy ServiceController api
is too restrictive.