[jboss-dev] Mismatch between hibernate-core and jboss-cache in head

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Tue Nov 13 15:09:00 EST 2007

Adrian wrote:
> I'm seeing the error message below in jboss-head
> when running ejb3.
>
> The problem is that jboss-head is using hibernate 3.2.4.SP1_CP01-brew
> while it doesn't look like hibernate core was updated to use
> jbosscache-2.x until 3.3?
> http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/hibernate-commits/2007-May/001261.html

This is correct.  The intent is to get 3.3 in AS 5. If the Hibernate
team wanted a JBC 2.x compatible integration in 3.2.x I could do that,
although IMHO getting 3.3 in AS 5 is a better use of energy. Their 3.2.x
build environment would have to be set up to handle different versions
of JBC in separate subprojects (not sure if it is now).

Not sure what this test is really all about. It's using <property
name="hibernate.cache.provider_class"
value="org.hibernate.cache.OptimisticTreeCacheProvider"/> in its
persistence.xml-- should be <property
name="hibernate.cache.provider_class"
value="org.jboss.ejb3.entity.OptimisticTreeCacheProviderHook"/> for
usage in the AS.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering