[jboss-dev] Sep/14th cutoff date for component updates in AS5 Beta3

Bela Ban bela at jboss.com
Fri Sep 7 07:54:45 EDT 2007

Dimitris Andreadis wrote:
> - JGroups. It's still questionable at this point if we can move to
> v2.5 (from 2.4.1.SP3) due to the JBoss Messaging dependency
Why ? 2.5 is backward compatible, so JBoss Messaging should have no
issues with this, even if they use 2.5 as a better 2.4. Tim, can you
comment ?

I strongly recommend 2.5 for inclusion, or else we'll have to wait until
JBoss 6 to include it. Customers would upgrade to 2.5 independently,
causing headaches for the support team.

--
Bela Ban
Lead JGroups / Clustering Team