[jboss-dev] Unification of transports in AS

Ron Sigal ron.sigal at jboss.com
Wed Sep 19 18:46:37 EDT 2007

Hi Dimitris,

Thanks.  Putting off issues from category (1) works for me.  Unless
someone with 687 votes says otherwise. :-)

As for category (2), I guess it's also a matter of counting votes.  To
summarize for anyone listening, there are now, as far as I can see,
three, or possibly four, relevant outstanding issues scheduled for
Remoting 2.4:

1) JBREM-63 "Get rid of the legacy configuration that embeds xml parsing"

    This was created by Scott Stark and assigned a priority of BLOCKER.
    (There's quite a few votes.)  As I said below, I think JBAS-3926
    "Move remoting transports out of conf/jboss-service.xml to a
    remoting-beans.xml" depends on JBREM-63.  I see that JBREM-3926 is
    currently assigned to you.

2) JBREM-713 "Check if jbossweb can replace tomcat jars for the http
server invoker" is currently scheduled for Remoting 2.4."

    JBAS-2766 "tomcat libraries not available to remoting when using
    http transport" is related.

3) JBREM-687 "allow binding to 0.0.0.0"

    The new issue JBAS-4704 "The port for the InvokerLayer
    (ejb3-deployer) listens only to one interface (address)" depends on
    JBREM-687, which is done.  Actually, I think we could reclassify
    JBREM-687 as a bug and add it to a Remoting 2.2.2.SP2 (and
    2.2.2.SP1_CP01).

4) JBREM-643 "configuration for multi-homed server invokers"

    This one might also be considered related to JBAS-4704, though the
    relationship is less compelling.  But I mention it just because it
    might be something someone wants.  Again, vote early, vote often!

-Ron