[jboss-dev] AS 4.2.2.GA status - please read

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 06:53:56 EDT 2007

The deadline for most of the work for 4.2.2.GA is Sep/30th. After that, only last minute
fixes before we enter the final QA cycle. The target release date is around mid-October.

We are down to 20 issues/tasks.
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&mode=hide&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=priority&resolution=-1&pid=10030&fixfor=12311522

Please make sure we haven't missed something important you want to see in AS 4.2.2.GA.
However, consider that we have very limited time to work on Branch_4_2.

Please check if something is assigned to you:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12310851

A summary follows:

Component Updates
=================
2 pending component upgrades:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4550 - a JBossWeb 2.0.1.GA from Remy
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4731 - JBoss Cache 1.4.1.SP5, we might not make it
for this one.

There is also an ongoing saga with the hsqldb upgrade and the shutdown problems that cause
the ejb3 testsuite to hang. Brian found a workaround, but if that doesn't work out we'll
rollback:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4694

Testsuites
==========

--- ejb3 ---
The EJB3 testsuite needs attention:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4572 (BillD)

The last good run on CC shows 13 failures:
http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/buildresults/ejb3-4.2-testsuite?log=log20070925235738

I still don't see any good run on Hudson, I triggered yet another one:
http://dev45.qa.atl.jboss.com:8585/hudson/view/EJB3/

--- jboss-4.2-testsuite ---

The last run has only transaction manager test failures:
http://dev45.qa.atl.jboss.com:8585/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-4.2.x-TestSuite-sun15/27/testReport/

3 are known (org.jboss.test.tm.test.TransactionLocalUnitTestCase), another one looks new:
org.jboss.test.tm.test.TxTimeoutUnitTestCase.testOverriddenTimeoutExpires. However it passes
locally on my machine.

The jrockit run shows a lot of clustering failures.
http://dev45.qa.atl.jboss.com:8585/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-4.2.x-TestSuite-jrockit15/23/testReport/
Those look transient ones because the previous run had only 5 failures:
http://dev45.qa.atl.jboss.com:8585/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-4.2.x-TestSuite-jrockit15/22/testReport/

It would be nice to come up with more stable runs.

-- TCK 1.4 ---

Before release we should perform a full tck1.4 run:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4754 (rajesh)

Documents
=========
Ongoing work here:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4696

Installer
=========
The installer for AS 4.2.1 was delayed for various reasons. Maybe it's better to just wait
now and release an installer for AS 4.2.2 with JBoss Messaging 1.4.0.GA (Amit?)

JIRA Tasks
==========

Critical tasks related to the transaction manager (Jonathan):
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4675
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4690
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4748

A lot of security related stuff that needs attention (Anil?)
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-4404
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3169
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3378
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-3143