[jboss-dev] Mavenizing Thirdparty

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Apr 16 12:06:05 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 10:50 -0500, Brian Stansberry wrote:
> What can I pass to build.sh to stop it updating my thirdparty?
>
> I just did a build following a 2 line change to a class, and suddenly
> the AS wouldn't start cleanly anymore because some new version of a
> snapshot got downloaded.

The same as the previous build:

-Dinhibit.downloads=true

The difference is that maven looks for changed snapshots once a
day while the old build only looked when build-thirdparty.xml changed.

I guess we could add a check on whether component-martix/pom.xml
is newer than thirdparty/libraries.ent to reproduce the old
behaviour.

But I actually prefer getting changed snapshots instead of broken builds
due to snapshots not updating.

Of course, if the snapshot is broken, that's another matter. ;-)