[jboss-dev] Patch for JBAS-5471

Galder Zamarreno galder.zamarreno at redhat.com
Wed Apr 23 13:39:50 EDT 2008

I've been thinking through this a bit further, so please bear with me :)

To be mote precise, my test case is just a simple EJB3 service I'm
trying to deploy. Right now, this is just an example I have and haven't
integrated into any testsuite or anything.

(Side note: I'm doing all this cos I was trying to verify whether
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/EJBTHREE-1015 fails in trunk as well.)

So, unless EJB3 team are planning to move such tests into AS testsuite
(They have AS deployment tests in EJB3 project), I have the feeling it
might be pointless for me to add another deployment, in-AS, test to
org.jboss.test.ejb3.service in jbossas/testsuite. Am I right? Judging
from the link you passed me, they already have such type of tests there.

What probably makes more sense is for org.jboss.test.ejb3.service
package (or if diving by lines of function, which I'm happy with,
org.jboss.test.deployers.ejb3, bearing in mind that I'm trying to test
code in org.jboss.ejb3.deployers.*) within jbossas/testsuite to contain
standalone unit test that mocks other parts and tests the integration
code itself.

I can see adding more value with the latter rather than repeating a EJB3
service deployment test within jbossas/testsuite and I'm more than happy
to do such thing.

Does this make any sense? Carlo?

--
Galder Zamarreño