[jboss-dev] leverage dependencyManagement from jbossas

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 04:49:03 EDT 2008

Thomas Diesler wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> in order to leverage the AS50 dependencyManagement, I define this parent
>
>           <parent>
>          <groupId>org.jboss.jbossas</groupId>
>          <artifactId>jboss-as-component-matrix</artifactId>
>          <version>5.0.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
>        </parent>
>
> http://fisheye.jboss.com/browse/JBossWS/container/jboss50/branches/jbossws-jboss501/pom.xml?r=6679
>

> However, I would like to use the jbossws parent instead. Is there
> another way to pull in the dependency management?
>
> cheers
> -thomas

You can't depend on jboss-as-component-matrix, nor import it, because
that would create a cyclic dependency.

Very simply put: jboss-as-component-matrix goes GA the moment jboss-as
goes GA, but before that WS has to deliver a GA.

If we want a common component matrix, then it must live outside of AS trunk.

Carlo