[jboss-dev] MBeanConfigurator service in varia

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 12:14:22 EDT 2008

>From the WIKI page:

"Make sure you know what you are doing when you use this service, as
should only be used in rare cases."

My guess is Tom wrote it because something he had was exposing
a port but it wasn't deployed through a -service.xml,
i.e. it was doing registerMBean() directly and then the config
was hardwired within the MBean?

It would certainly be wrong to apply service binding config
at JMX registeration for -service.xml since the attributes
aren't set until the later configuration stage
and would therefore overwrite the SBM settings.

Since this is a rare case, it doesn't seem worth
having a generic solution. All you need is a simple
example of how to use Dimitris's Listener MBean
to respond to a jmx registration event by doing:

Object value = serviceBindingManager.getXXXBinding(...);
mbeanServer.setAttribute(objectName, attributeName, value);

with the SBM injected.

Or for a POJO, I guess it would be an AOP Constructor
interceptor? Since the bean would not be managed by the MC.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock