[jboss-dev] deployers description update

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 15:31:46 EST 2008

> alias-deployers-jboss-beans.xml,  Deployers that know how to handle
> direct aliases in deployment?

Yes.
The know how to handle <alias> in <deployment> as true controller context.
Meaning they will only get active/installed when their original is
installed.

> dependency-deployers-jboss-beans.xml, Deployers for aliases.txt,
> jboss-dependency.xml...

https://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-13178

jboss-depedency.xml adds generic dependency on whatever.
aliases.txt adds human-readable name for deployments.
e.g.
vfszip://home/blah/.../jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/some-long-name.ear
--> ales-app.ear

Then I can easily add dependency on ales-app.ear,
even if the VFS impl changes deployment name.

> hibernate-deployer-jboss-beans.xml, Deployers for Hibernate archive
> deployments

Not archives.
It handles -hibernate.xml files.
Which are similar to Hibernate's .cfg.xml files.