[jboss-dev] JBoss community domain name changes (Affects *.labs.jboss.com, *.forge.jboss.com, *.jboss.org services.)

Tom Benninger tbenning at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 11:50:18 EDT 2008

All,

For the last year we have been using jboss.org domains, rather than the
older labs.jboss.com and forge.jboss.com domains, as the primary site
for JBoss community services. (https://svn.jboss.org instead of
https://svn.labs.jboss.com, for example.)

On the Sunday the 13th we will be converting the web services on older
labs and forge domains to be redirects to jboss.org. This is the first
step in our plans to unify and simplify access to JBoss community
services. Later steps will include the migration of non web services and
the eventual decommissioning of the forge and labs domains.

All services will be maintained, just at *.jboss.org, where they should
already be accessible.

There are some caveats to this:

* Most SVN clients do not support redirection. If you are one of the
handful of users still using svn.labs.jboss.com or other old svn URLS,
you will need to update your clients after the change.

* The domain cms.labs.jboss.com will remain available for short period.

* Non-web services, which do not support redirection will not be
affected at this time.

These changes represent phase one of our effort to clean up domains and
simplify and unify our community service management. As noted above,
further changes will be made in the future.

Thanks,

Tom Benninger
tbenning at redhat.com
tom.benninger at jboss.com