[jboss-dev] jboss-beans.xml versus spring-beans.xml

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Tue Jul 29 05:17:06 EDT 2008

Since a number of users are complaining about us
trying to process WEB-INF/spring-beans.xml
as an MC -beans.xml file, even though
spring-beans.xml should be in WEB-INF/classes
I'm going to go through and change all our
-beans.xml files to end with -jboss-beans.xml

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5803

e.g. ejb3-deployer-beans.xml becomes
ejb3-deployer-jboss-beans.xml

To try to keep the history of these files
I'll be moving them in the repository
along with seperate commits to the build files.

To try to keep the individual changes
as atomic as possible I'll be doing it project
by project in jboss-head.

Problems you might see:

1) I'll be doing the testsuite last, so
some of the overridden configs may not
work because it will be copying over the
wrong file until I've changed them.

2) If you are doing incremental builds
you might end up with both the old and
new file in your jboss image which
will surface as an attempt to deploy a bean twice.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock