[jboss-dev] AS5 trunk update

Ales Justin ales.justin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:22:16 EDT 2008

I've updated the following libs:
  - VFS --> 2.0.0.Beta14
   - windows locking issue
   - better modification options
  - Microcontainer --> 2.0.0.Beta15
   - few minor fixes
   - @Bean(Factory)
  - Deployers --> 2.0.0.Beta16
   - Adrian's CL fixes
   - @annotation scanning improvement
   - few new helper deployers
  - JBossXB --> 2.0.0.CR9
   - PersistenceMD fix
  - EJB3 --> 0.1.2
   - ...
   - Persistence URL handling

Code changes:
  - adding jboss-structure.xml to shutdown.sar, instructing it to do
temp copy.
  - adding sys property to minimal server config, running in synch
reaper mode.
  - updating Ejb3 deployer to use new PersistenceMD
   - this includes hack, since I forgot to handle (vfs)zip
   - going away with new ejb3 version; will fix it there

As mentioned to Dimitris, I see errors when running AS with existing
apps in deploy (they are present there before we do run.sh) - deployment
are not able to find TransactionManager.
I suspect this is effect of moving TM into deploy, and not having
explicit dependency on it (again JNDI lookup).

After my above mention changes Adrian's smoke tests produce more than
2-3 errors. :-(
I think few of them are due to TM issue.

I've commited it anyway, in order to move fwd with new MC artifacts
(which I think are not the cause of those smoke failures - perhaps only
some VFS impl detail assumption).