[jboss-dev] CEAI CDC - Production-Ready Associated Press OSTN Video News Portlet/Channel

Dheeraj Kumar (CampusEAI Consortium) dheeraj_kumar at campuseai.org
Fri Jun 27 15:08:06 EDT 2008

Colleagues,

Many of our members have requested for more compelling content for their
Oracle/uPortal/Liferay campus portals. Based on this need, CEAI has
secured a special license agreement with the Associated Press to use
Associated Press video news content and Associated Press' embedded news
player. Based on the special license agreement with AP, this content is
provided at no cost to all the CEAI, JA-SIG and Jboss Members.

In addition to Associated Press' news content, Associated Press has also
agreed to carry OSTN News' student-produced news content on their
embedded news player!  As you may know, OSTN News is the first
collegiate news show where students report the hottest stories from
around the US, UK and Canada. The stories are based on news events that
are of interest to college-age students.

To provide this content through a Portal, CEAI in collaboration with
University of Montana has developed a JSR-168/WSRP compliant Associate
Press OSTN News Portlet/Channel. This portlet/channel is being provide
to the community on an open source basis. We have successfully tested
this portlet/channel against Oracle Portal and Liferay Portal. We are
looking for a brave volunteer institution that would like to deploy/test
this against Jboss Portal.

Attached is the WAR file which can be deployed on your portal. Please
let me know if you would like to volunteer or if you have any
questions/problems implementing this portlet/channel.

Thanks,
--
*Dheeraj Kumar* <mailto:dheeraj_kumar at campuseai.org>
Community Development Coordinator

*Work:* 216-589-9626 ext. 217 <sip:217 at asterisk.campuseai.org>
*Email:* dheeraj_kumar at campuseai.org <mailto:dheeraj_kumar at campuseai.org>
*Fax:* 216-589-9639

	* *
**CampusEAI Consortium* <http://www.campuseai.org>
1940 East 6th Street - 11th Floor
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=1940+east+6th+street,+cleveland,+ohio+44114&ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=41.500221,-81.689594&spn=0.005544,0.014849&t=h&om=1&iwloc=addr&layer=t>

Cleveland, Ohio 44114-2225
U.S.A.
*

<http://rdgriffin-designs.capsil.com/ceai-tv.html>

This e-mail, including any attachments, is confidential and may well be
legally privileged. If you receive it in error, you are on notice of its
status. Please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete
this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use it for any
purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. To do so could
violate state and/or federal privacy laws. Thank you for your cooperation.