[jboss-dev] AS5 CR1 component updates

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Mar 7 14:37:38 EST 2008

I have recorded the component updates needed for AS5 CR1 here:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-5121

Although the target was to have GA release for everything, this looks very optimistic as
there as still components in active development and other on-going refactorings, so we are
shooting for CR or better.

We expect deliverables from:

- Hibernate
- Hibernate Entity Manager / Annotations
- JBoss Transactions
- JBoss Cache
- JBoss Security
- JBoss VFS
- JBoss Remoting
- JBoss AOP
- Javassist
- JBoss Integration
- JBoss EJB3 (quite a few here)
- Security & JASPI
- JBoss WS
- JBoss JavaEE
- Jnp-client/server
- JBoss Messaging
- JBoss Metadata
- JBoss Microcontainer (+JBossXB maybe and the new broken out libs?)
- JBoss Web (maybe)

Check the JIRA for version details and comment if I have missed something, or there is some
hidden dependency.

We might need to make a small upgrade to xerces, too, and see if we can get rid of cglib.

There are quite a few components at snapshot currently that make things difficult,
especially with regards to testing, so please try to avoid them.

The target for those updates is Mar/14th-21st. If you can't make those dates and for any
other issue, please let know.

Thanks
/Dimitris