[jboss-dev] AS start-up failure

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 12:53:49 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 17:28 +0100, Adrian Brock wrote:
> As per the other post.
>
> I'm going to move these services to the deploy folder
> and do proper injection into the EJB/Web mbeans.

On a related issue, this kind of rubbish needs fixing
(although it can probably wait until after JBoss5 GA?)

i.e. The service should be created with all its information defined,
it shouldn't have to go back to the deployment unit.

   public EjbModule(final VFSDeploymentUnit unit, ApplicationMetaData
metaData)

      // Pass the ejb callByValue setting
      if (callByValue)
         unit.addAttachment("EJB.callByValue", Boolean.TRUE,
Boolean.class);
      //Pass the unauthenticated identity
      if(this.unauthenticatedIdentity != null)
         unit.addAttachment("EJB.unauthenticatedIdentity",
this.unauthenticatedIdentity, String.class);
      //Pass the SecurityManagement Instance
      if(this.securityManagement != null)
         unit.addAttachment("EJB.securityManagement",
securityManagement, ISecurityManagement.class);
      //Pass the SecurityContextClassName
      if(this.securityContextClassName != null)
         unit.addAttachment("EJB.securityContextClassName",
securityContextClassName, String.class);
      //Pass the Default SecurityDomain
      if(this.defaultSecurityDomain != null)
         unit.addAttachment("EJB.defaultSecurityDomain",
defaultSecurityDomain, String.class);

Allowing the services to go back to the deployment unit
defeats the point of deployers or management console
providing or changing metadata in different ways.

e.g. JDBCXmlFileLoader

      // Load jbosscmp-jdbc.xml if provided
      URL jdbcUrl = null;
      VirtualFile dd =
container.getDeploymentUnit().getMetaDataFile("jbosscmp-jdbc.xml");

I can't override the CMP2 deployment descriptor from the
management console because it always reads the file? :-(

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock