[jboss-dev] Changes to JBoss AS Build

Paul Gier pgier at redhat.com
Wed Mar 12 22:59:36 EDT 2008

Hi Everyone,

As a step in the ongoing effort to mavenize the app server, I am replacing the
build-thirdparty.xml with a maven build.  There is a new pom.xml in the
thirdparty directory that will now manage the app server dependencies.  So
starting tomorrow, you will need to update the pom in the root directory of the
app server and the pom in the thirdparty directory.

All new dependencies will have to be added to the maven section of our
repository (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2) because this is where the new
thirdparty stuff will be downloaded from.

The pom in the thirdparty directory will be called automatically by the main
build script build/build.xml and you can also call it directly using "mvn
package".  The thirdparty maven build then uses a plugin that reads the
dependencies from the pom, and then generates a thirdparty dependencies
directory that matches what was generated by the build-thirdparty.xml.  I'm also
working on some documentation for the plugin, and I will post it as soon as it
is somewhat complete.

Please let me know if there are any questions/concerns.

Thanks!