[jboss-dev] jbossxb at 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT or 2.0.0.CR5

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 07:03:04 EDT 2008

Adrian Brock wrote:
 > JBossXB is currently at 2.0.0.CR7, why use a snapshot?

I guess nobody asked for it? I moved both build-thirdparty.xml and root pom.xml (trunk) at
2.0.0.CR7. Please use the following jira if further upgrade is needed:
http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBAS-5314

I guess Paul wants to do the same in the new maven branch.

> The error message indicates some other problem anyway
> since that class has been in JBossXB "forever".
>
> e.g. did you see Alex's comment about Xerces 2.6.1 getting
> downloaded by maven instead of 2.9.1?
>
> Looks like a spurious transient dependency to me.

Can someone please explain HOW THIS WORKS? From yesterday's "experiment" I now have 3
version of xercesImpl in my maven repo (2.2.1, 2.4.0, 2.6.2). Note that I had completely
wiped-out the content, so this is the result of the jboss as mavenized thirdparty download.

Isn't maven supposed to decide which *one* version of a component to download, while
resolving dependencies?

How it is guaranteed that the correct version of a component will be used in a particular build?