[jboss-dev] Usage of consistent groupIds/artifactIds

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Fri Mar 14 08:41:00 EDT 2008

So jbossws appears at:
http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/

jboss
   jbossws-common
   jbossws-framework
   jbossws-jboss50
   jbossws-jdk14
   jbossws-spi
   jbossws
   jbossws14

and

org/jboss
   jbossws-client
   jbossws-spi

I guess the org/jboss is the most current?

Going forward, can we agree on a common set of guidelines what goes where? Or else, define
consistent groupIds not only for jboss projects but for the thirdparty ones, too? Aren't
there any maven best practises?

Can we remove legacy maven stuff that is probably not in use yet? (that could be tricky)

Can we agree on common rules for defining artifactIds/libs? Take a look a AS server/all/lib
to understand what I mean. Most libs are like jboss-id[-id2].jar. But then you have
jbossha.jar (but jboss-ha-client.jar), jbossws-*.jar, jbosssx*.jar, jbosscache*.jar,
jbossts/jta.jar, etc.

At least, we should be consistent for new components/libs.