[jboss-dev] Usage of consistent groupIds/artifactIds

Pete Muir pete.muir at jboss.org
Fri Mar 14 08:55:02 EDT 2008

On 14 Mar 2008, at 12:41, Dimitris Andreadis wrote:

> Going forward, can we agree on a common set of guidelines what goes
> where? Or else, define consistent groupIds not only for jboss
> projects but for the thirdparty ones, too? Aren't there any maven
> best practises?

Maven2 standarises on

<groupId>org.jboss.seam</groupId>
<artifactId>jboss-seam-mail</artifactId>
<version>2.0.1.GA</version>
<packaging>jar</packaging>
<scope>runtime</scope>

with the common shorthand of: org.jboss.seam:jboss-seam-mail:jar:
2.0.1.GA:runtime

This produces a jar called jboss-seam-mail.jar.

> Can we remove legacy maven stuff that is probably not in use yet?
> (that could be tricky)

Be careful, as other projects (e.g. Seam ;-) are using the repo too.

--
Pete Muir
http://www.seamframework.org