[JBoss-dev] Query related to JBoss performance with MULE

nandan_tiwari nandan.tiwari1 at wipro.com
Fri Mar 14 09:02:12 EDT 2008

Hi,
I am facing a trivial situation. I am testing the performance of JBoss with
Mule.
Here is the scenario:-
1. I have built a Mule application and deployed on jboss server in which I
have exposed one http endpoint and passed one parameter.
2. Inbound transformer will extrac the request and convert it to java bean.
3. This java bean is passed to UMO which will not do anything but passes it
to response tranformer.
4. This java bean is converted to string and passed as a http-string as a
output.

The problem is the performance. The result is very inconsistent. Response
time varies a lot for same request. I performed this test several times even
restarting the jboss server.
Please let me know where i am wrong or is it a known pattern for jboss.
My boss is really pushing me to sort this out. Immediate responses are
highly appreciated.