[jboss-dev] Update of Microcontainer code

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Mon Mar 17 12:20:38 EDT 2008

In an effort to get somewhere close to a CR1 release
I'm going to be updating to the latest microcontainer code.

The main change in this release is the new classloaders now
have a proper SPI and metadata
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=130122
but there have also been a few other small api changes
which might trip you up?
e.g. the metatype stuff no longer uses generics
(it was pointless :-)

We haven't done a major integration of the MC code since
JBossAS beta3, so there could be a few unforseen problems.

I'll be doing this later tonight, unless somebody
has a problem with me doing it, e.g. they are currently working on
major change that might conflict (see the list of changes in the
forum thread below).

Unfortunately, I had planned for this to be all stable
releases of the MC projects, but that's not going to be possible
immediately, hopefully later this week?

See
http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4137132#4137132
for more details.