[jboss-dev] Sorting out the common project maven mess

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 15:32:38 EDT 2008

Adrian Brock wrote:
>>From now on, silence might not mean approval,
> it might mean I think you are stupid. ;-)

Whereas:

1) A response means disagreement, for stated reasons

2) Silence means one of:

    a) No one relevant to the discussion saw the post
    b) No one cared/understood enough to respond
    c) Someone agreed
    d) Someone disagreed so strongly they thought the post was "stupid"

3) Intelligence is a prerequisite for identifying stupidity [1]

4) A "stupid" post is made

Therefore:

4 Leads to 2(a), 2(b), 2(c) or 2(d)

Therefore:

A programmer has no way to gauge whether his views are accepted or
rejected.

And it may be inferred:

Programmers will be less likely to post questions (to which they
implicitly do not know the answer) for fear of getting conflicting
feedback or aggressive responses [2].

S,
ALR

[1] http://tinyurl.com/33vc