[jboss-dev] Possible AS TestSuite Regressions in EJB3 @LocalBinding

Andrew Lee Rubinger andrew.rubinger at redhat.com
Mon Nov 3 03:57:57 EST 2008

This evening I updated AS to jboss-metadata:1.0.0.CR5.

One of the tasks included in this release was:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMETA-119

...which was kindly handled for us by Emanuel.

Here we've corrected @LocalBinding handling by, instead of directly
setting the local JNDI name in metadata, we represent that the user has
specified this override.  It's now the responsibility of our EJB3
post-merge processing deployer to apply the changes that alter the
underlying local JNDI target.

So @LocalBinding on EJB3 beans currently has no effect.  This will be
fixed with a new EJB3 release, due out early this week.

Discussion of this development was:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=144705

If we must roll back the component upgrade to metadata, the revision is
80364.

S,
ALR

--