[JBoss-dev] Jmeter, Apache Web Server and JBoss Cluster: the response time grows!

Massimiliano Giraldo max.xam1983 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 04:08:34 EST 2008

Hi all!

I'm testing (with JMeter) Apache Web Server with a cluster of two computers
with JBoss (mod_jk for connection between Web Server and JBoss).
I make requests to a simple servlet.
I plan:
- 1000 users;
- 0 or 1 second of ramp-up;
- 10 requests for each user.

I see that the response times sometimes get worse, reaching steps of 1.5
seconds, 3 seconds and 9 seconds.

If I plan 5 or 10 seconds of ramp-up, the average response time is about 2-3
ms (and it's ok!)
If I plan 500 users and 0 seconds of ramp-up, the delay reaches 3 seconds
(and it doesn't reach 9 seconds).

I suppose that there are some settings that limit the number of active
threads (in Jmeter, Apache or JBoss) and therefore, when there are many
active threads, some of them will be deferred.

Is it correct?
Was anyone of you in this situation?
Does anyone know which settings I need to modify to resolve my problem?

Thanks

Max

-----
http://www.pcguide.netsons.org http://www.pcguide.netsons.org