[jboss-dev] web profile in jboss5?

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Mon Nov 10 10:43:29 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 16:38 +0100, Sacha Labourey wrote:
> How much time does it takes to start?

On my laptop about 25 seconds.

Of that about 10 seconds is the bootstrap processing:

16:14:37,582 INFO  [ServerImpl] Starting JBoss (Microcontainer)...
<snip/>
16:14:45,384 INFO  [MetaDataAwareProfile] Using profile
root:/home/ejort/development/jboss-head/build/output/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/web-profile

which is almost certainly the initial hot deployment scanning
of deployers and deploy?

The deployers times  still show unnecessary annotation scanning and ejb3
processing (biggest hits - times in milli-seconds):

BeanMetaDataDeployer 7193 (pojos)
FilteredAnnotationEnvironmentDeployer 5455 (annotation scanning)
ServiceDeployer 2655 (jmx)
AbstractLevelClassLoaderSystemDeployer 1387 (classloader)
Ejb3Deployer 1121 (ejb3 ??? - there are none)

In terms of real deployments the big hits are:

deploy/transaction-jboss-beans.xml 2576 (jta)
conf/jboss-service.xml 2079 (jndi???)
deployers/jboss-jca.deployer/ 1696 (jca)
deployers/ejb3.deployer/ 1662 (ejb3)
deploy/jbossweb.sar/ 999 (web runtime)
deployers/jbossweb.deployer 894 (web deployment)
deploy/hsqldb-ds.xml 667 (hypersonic)

And the vast majority of the annotation scanning comes from
looking at jbossweb.sar (with all the jars it contains).

So not much has changed since last time I posted on this. :-(