[jboss-dev] On demand JCA and JTA for the web-profile

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Fri Nov 14 09:07:59 EST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 15:20 +0100, Ales Justin wrote:
> > I want to provide an @JNDI annotation similar to the @JMX
> > lifecycle to make this easier for developers.
> >
> > This will be important if we ever get around to
> > changing our naming contexts to read-only since we
> > can just change the @JNDI aspect to use the new
> > mechansim for binding to jndi.
>
> How does this compare with what we already have:
>   -
> http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/jbossas/projects/microcontainer/trunk/aop-mc-int/src/main/java/org/jboss/aop/microcontainer/aspects/jndi/

I didn't know it existed. :-)

The obvious things that are missing is are:

* The on-demand processing I described.

* whether the object should be bound using the
NonSerializableObjectFactory or can be bound directly.

* What custom ObjectFactory should be used if the binding
implements Referenceable

* The abilitiy to make the object bound into jndi
aop remoteable