[jboss-dev] Deployment chains

Brian Stansberry brian.stansberry at redhat.com
Sun Oct 5 14:22:24 EDT 2008

Adrian Brock wrote:

> 4) WEB CLUSTERING
>
> org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.ClusteringDependencyDeployer
> I don't know what this is doing in Describe since it is not
> establing a deployment dependency. Instead it is modifying the
> JBossWebMetaData.
> I'd guess this should be after the merge of annotations into that
> metadata? Although I don't think there is such an annotation
> currently? :-)

No, there's not, and I'm not sure what someone would annotate as this
metadata applies to the webapp overall. :-)

For sure Describe is wrong.  For a similar task with EJB2 beans
(Ejb2HAPartitionDependencyDeployer) I put it in PRE_DESCRIBE, whose
javadoc documents it as "The pre describe stage - where default
dependencies metadata can be created". For EJB3 it's in PRE_REAL, which
I didn't like, but the annotation merging wasn't done until
POST_CLASSLOADER. Seems like PRE_DESCRIBE is more appropriate for the
webapp case.

--
Brian Stansberry
Lead, AS Clustering