Bug in JMX Console WAS Re: [jboss-dev] Deployment chains

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Mon Oct 6 11:25:10 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 17:08 +0200, Adrian Brock wrote:
> If you want to try it yourself, build the latest deployers
> and modify conf/deployers.xml to uncomment the FIXME JBAS-6030
>
> You can find the JMX mbeans in the jboss.deployment domain.
> The operation is listAttachments(boolean) where the parameter
> says whether you want to see the attachment contents.

I also found a bug in the JMX console while testing this.
If you look at the jacc mbeans, I create a deployment mbean
called:
jboss.deployment:id="jboss.jacc:id="vfsfile:/home/ejort/jboss-head/build/output/jboss-5.0.0.GA/server/default/deploy/ROOT.war/",service=jacc",type=Component

Notice the " that I'm escaping to make sure the ObjectName parses
correctly.

This works fine when you display the MBean.
However when you invoke an operation on this MBean something in the web
layer is turning the " into " leading to a
MalformedObjectNameException.

I could of course escape it with something else, but that doesn't fix
the real problem.

I assume the problem is with the url?
But I don't know whether this should be fixed by turning
&quot into &quot before giving it to the browser or if the problem
is elsewhere?
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock