[jboss-dev] Towards AS5 CR2

Dimitris Andreadis dandread at redhat.com
Tue Sep 2 06:37:17 EDT 2008

Based on the good progress on the TCK frontier we now target Sep/15th to be the release date
for AS5 CR2.

To get there in the remaining 2 weeks, we need to satisfy the following criteria:

-------------

1) Complete the TCK (almost there!). If you have tasks assigned to you in JBCTS jira this is
1st priority:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBCTS

-------------

2) Be over with any remaining component updates. Except for a jboss-remoting 2.4.0.SP2
(ron), needed to overcome a memory leak (JBAS-5844), all the other updates linked from
JBAS-5122 are there to get us from a Beta to a CR level:

https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5122

We are expecting CRs for:

jboss-managed/metatype (scott)
jboss-vfs (ales)
jboss-deployers (ales)
jboss-microcontainer (ales)
jboss-reflect (ales)
jboss-mdr (ales)
jboss-classloading (scott)
jboss-metadata (alexey)
jboss-aspects (andrew)
ejb3 (carlo)

Ales is away this week, so if Adrian could help with the mc* releases that would be great.

If you intend to keep your components at Beta level for ever, then be kind enough to comment
on the JIRAs and move them to some future release (e.g. move the parent to JBAS-5597).

-------------

3) Help get the testsuite passing:
http://hudson.qa.jboss.com/hudson/view/JBoss%20AS/job/JBoss-AS-5.0.x-TestSuite-sun15/

All the AS5-testsuites are erroneously reported as failed, although the results are
perfectly ok:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5918 (aleksandar)

We have some long running failures that need to be looked at:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-4644 (anil)
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5054 (anil)

Mem leak waiting on jboss-remoting upgrade:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5252 (andrew/ron)

Annoying test failing only on hudsons:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5866 (jesper)

testScopedXalanDeployment probably related to deployer changes
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5920

clustering related failures
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5907 (brian)

We have a few transient failures that come and go most prominent being the profile service
tests pass and fail almost randomly:
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5625 (scott)

-------------

4) Cleanup remaining JIRAs

As always, important tasks should be marked blockers/critical. Anything else I'll go ahead
and reschedule at will, if you don't do so.

Some useful JIRA filters for AS5 CR2:

Issues assigned to you
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311444

Issues reported by you
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311445

Issues unassigned
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12311447

An overall comment is that things look good, so please think and test twice before making
commits and do monitor subsequent  hudson runs to see if you've broken anything.

To make the Sep/15th date we'll need to have a code freeze around the 10th; I'll keep you
updated.

Thanks for your help and let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers
/Dimitris