[jboss-dev] How do you split your classes?

Carlo de Wolf cdewolf at redhat.com
Thu Sep 4 08:32:03 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 12:08 +0200, Adrian Brock wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-04 at 11:47 +0200, Sacha Labourey wrote:
> > Team,
> >
> > I am interesting in better understanding how you take decisions when
> > splitting classes between JARs. Let me be more accurate...
> >
> > Ideally, each macro-service (Tomcat, WS, EJB3, etc.) would have its own
> > MyService.sar file/directory in /deploy (or better, /deploy/system/).
>
> Another issue is the splitting out metadata models so we don't have
> to deploy the full jar including all the implementation details
> in server/[config]/lib, instead the meta model can be included in
>
> whatever.deployer

Up to a certain point. I don't want a JavaEE meta model in every
project. But I certainly want an EJB3 meta model which extends the
JavaEE meta model in the ejb3 project.

The same goes for some pieces of code like the mapped resolver deployer
which operates on the whole meta model. It should be split up into fine
grained resolvers.

Carlo