[jboss-dev] Microntainer CR releases - proper job

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Fri Sep 5 04:56:07 EDT 2008

WRT: https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBAS-5607

Let's work this properly and methodically
rather than doing random releases without notification
to the project lead.

The correct order for doing the candidate releases
(and the eventual final releases)
if you look at the dependencies should be:

jboss-reflect
jboss-mdr
jboss-man
jboss-mc
jboss-vfs
jboss-cl
jboss-deployers

Also since we are moving to candidate releases
(which could in effect be final releases)
these projects should be branched in SVN.

When doing a release, you should always check
it has the most up-to-date dependencies
(or at least is using the versions used by
JBossAS) and that the mvn dependency:tree is not
using spurious dependencies due to changes
in dependent poms.
Otherwise the project's unit tests are not
going to find problems that will occur
when the release is included in JBossAS.

Running a pre-release snapshot (equivalent binaries)
in a local JBossAS build is also a good way to make
sure you won't have to redo your releases
when it later gets integrated it into JBossAS.

Admitably, I didn't create the JIRA issues
for JBossCL like the other projects, e.g.
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310562&fixfor=12312706

I also need to look at why Scott's release
didn't create the parent pom .
i.e. whether it is an artifact of Paul's
maven refactoring or whether Scott just didn't
upload it?

I'll create a JBossCL CR2 when I do the proper
release, please treat CR1 as a BETA.

JBossMC, VFS and deployers still have outstanding
(minor?) issues as I mentioned in a thread earlier this week.

--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock