[jboss-dev] Bootstrap times

Adrian Brock abrock at redhat.com
Tue Sep 9 12:55:46 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-09-09 at 18:06 +0100, Kabir Khan wrote:
> On startup, it parses and deploys the information from base-
> aspects.xml. I don't really think it makes sense to look at that until
> I have switched to use the MC based AOP deployers, for which http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4173781#4173781
>   is the outstanding issue.

I'm not saying you've got to fix it (at least no straight away ;-)

I just want to understand why a deployer (which is just a bean)
would take more than one second to deploy.

Ideally, this reading of default configuration should be lazy.
Because, if nobody uses that type of deployment they don't
want to pay the startup time for having it configured.

In your case, I think all the aspects in base-aspects.xml
should be commented out anyway. Somebody can uncomment them
when they want them.

Not only would that reduce startup time, it would reduce
the aspect matching time if it has less aspect definitions
to check.
--
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Adrian Brock